Date:      Mon, 25 Dec 1995 09:36:17 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Cc:        james@else.net
Subject:   Re: Missing File in sys/i386/include/conf.h ?

As Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> > #ifdef KERNEL
> > #ifndef ACTUALLY_LKM_NOT_KERN
> > #include "ioconf.h"
> > #endif
> >
> > There doesn't seem to be an ioconf.h in that subdirectory, and the

> 	I believe, but am not 100% positive, that ioconf.h is
> generated by config, and is based on what devices you have defined
> in your config file.

You are right, but your advise (re-sup usr/src/sys) was wrong.

config(8) is closely related to the kernel source, so whenever you see
a problem like this, it's 99 % likely that you need a new _config_.

Re-sup usr/src/usr.sbin/config, rebuild and reinstall it, and re-
config your kernel.  Events that make a new config necessary are
normally being announced to freebsd-current, that's why you should
follow this list.  (Of course, if you are new to -current, you could
not have seen it.)

--
cheers, J"org