Date:      Mon, 24 Aug 2015 15:09:11 -0700
From:      jungle Boogie <jungleboogie0@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-python@freebsd.org
Subject:   pip for python3

Hello,

When you pkg install pip, this is linked to python2 and therefore, pip
install foo will install the python2 version of foo.

Seen here:
% pip -V
pip 7.1.2 from /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages (python 2.7)

I may have a misunderstanding but I think python3 (or even python2)
comes with pip, but the freebsd ports version of python doesn't
include this--no big deal and probably better. However, has anyone
considered making a pip version linked against python3?

Meanwhile, I used this to install pip3:
https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py

% pip -V
pip 7.1.0 from /usr/local/lib/python3.4/site-packages (python 3.4)

Thank,
jb

--
-------