Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 1999 10:24:06 +0200
From:      Alexander Maret <maret@atrada.de>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   libkadm.so.3 not found?

I installed FreeBSD 3.3R some minutes ago from scratch.
I downloaded the two boot-floppy files kern.flp and
mfsroot.flp from

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/3.3-RELEASE/floppies/

and did an FTP install (MINIMAL distribution set) from the
primary site. At the end of the installation, when FreeBSD
normally asks for the root password it tried to prompt for
it but there was an error (shared object not found, see below).

I didn't mind about that because I knew I can set it after the
install. I rebooted my system and after the login i typed

passwd

and got the error:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libkadm.so.3" not found

I did a /usr/libexec/locate.updatedb and then
a "locate libkadm.so.3" but this file does not exist on my
system.

Where can I get this shared object? In which package is this
object included?

Can ne1 help?

Alex