Date:      Fri, 11 Jul 2008 08:40:18 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Tobias Roth" <freebsd.lists@fsck.ch>
To:        "Vlad K Sm" <vlad.k.sm@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: S3 suspend/resume on T43p works like a charm with

> freebsd-mobile-request@freebsd.org wrote:
>> Sure, I sent it off-list.
>>
> S3 suspend/resume works on my Inspiron 1505 as well but only one issue,
> when it resumes XWindow shows bad screen, XWindow restart helps. As I
> figured out it because I use 915Resolution file to be able use
> non-standard 1280x800. Does someone know what need to fix in
> 915Resolution or some workaround?

In my /boot/loader.conf, I have
  acpi_video_load="YES"
  hw.acpi.reset_video="1"
and that seems to be sufficient.

You may also want to experiment with hw.syscons.sc_no_suspend_vtswitch,
which I leave at 0 (the default).

Finally, if that doesn't help, you can try to manually switch to the
console (ctrl-alt-F2) before suspending, and switching back after
resuming. If that helps, this step can be automated in /etc/rc.suspend and
rc.resume by using something like

  /usr/sbin/vidcontrol -s 1 < /dev/console

to switch to the console

and

  /usr/sbin/vidcontrol -s 9 < /dev/console

to switch back (you have to pick the right tty numbers).

Thanks,
Tobias