Date:      Fri, 2 Oct 1998 17:42:13 +0100
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   A CVS merging question.

I'm doing a lot of importing at the moment on a vendor branch for Amanda,
that we run locally (I know there's a port... :) )

A few versions ago I manually patched some of the files, thus moving their
versions onto the HEAD branch (1.x etc.).

Some of those patches have made it a more recent version of the code and
have been imported onto the vendor branch.  Unfortunately because the HEAD
isn't on the vendor branch for those files I have to manually adjust for
conflicts, etc.  What I'd really like to do now is make the vendor branch,
for those files, the HEAD so that the merges happen properly.

Does anyone have any tips?

Joe
--
Josef Karthauser