Date:      Tue, 7 Jan 1997 23:23:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu
Cc:        thomas@ghpc8.ihf.rwth-aachen.de, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit:  ports/x11/tix/patches etc.

 * Geeze, while I'm on vacation, I'm staying up late, but allthe traffic on
 * this seems to occur between 2-8 in the morning.  By the time I read this,
 * I'm real late.

Sorry.  That's what you get by being on the wrong coast. :)

 * Notice that the number of files that I politicked to get installed by tcl
 * was small.  Go ahead, take a look at /usr/include/tcl, those generic and
 * unix subdirs are real sparse, and do serve the purpose.  You _don't_ need
 * to install _all_ the tk headers, just do the ones that Tix wants.  If you
 * like, I'll personally verify other ports of tk dependent stuff, and make
 * sure it works.  The 100K byte bloat for a full (and useless) tk subdir in
 * /usr/local is just too much, I think, and it'll never be used.  What's

Ok, if you can go over all the ports that does a DEPENDS=tk41 and see
what is the minimum subset acceptable for all those, that should be
more than good enough.  Actually, it will be very appreciated! :)

Satoshi