Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 1997 15:35:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      Burton Sampley <burton@bsampley.vip.best.com>
To:        Ville Eerola <ville@vlsi.fi>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Fetchmail nolonger working

Thanks for the help.  Yes I do have senmail running.  I just solved this
problem.  I looked in the /etc/sysconfig file and noticed that routed was
NOT running.  I changed the line from router="NO" to router=routed and
rebooted the machine.  Surpirse, now fetchmail works.

I keep seeing many, many postings on both -current and -questions that
routed _IS NOT NEEDED_ for anything.  This truely is a case the proves
otherwise.  The only thing that I changed was the router line in
sysconfig and now fetchmail works.  (I know I'll probably get flamed for
this, but Oh, well)

On Wed, 26 Mar 1997, Ville Eerola wrote:

> Well, do you have sendmail running? Normally fetchmail uses SMTP
> connection to the localhost to deliver the messages it downloads from
> the mail sever. Thus, you need to have a MTA listening to port 25 on
> the host runnig fetchmail, or alternatively you need to configure
> fetchmail to use a local MDA directly.
>
> Other than that, I can't say very much without seeing the messages
> from the failed fetchmail run.
>

> Regards, Ville
>
> --
> Ville.Eerola@vlsi.fi	VLSI Solution Oy
> Tel:+358 3 3165579 	Hermiankatu 6-8 C
> Fax:+358 3 3165220	FIN-33720 Tampere, Finland

---
Brought to you by a 100% Micro$oft free system.  You too can disinfect your
system at http://www.freebsd.org

E-Mail:  burton@bsampley.vip.best.com
Alternate E-Mail:  bsampley@haywire.csuhayward.edu
Home Page:  http://www.best.com/~bsampley (permanently under construction)