Date:      Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:52:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kenneth Stailey <kstailey@yahoo.com>
To:        Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net>
Cc:        klh@panix.com, petef@FreeBSD.ORG, portmgr@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD Ports List <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: complete pkg-descr files for klh-10 and its

--- Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 11:27:40AM -0500, Ken Stailey wrote:
> >Trouble is without patches to the emulator .ini files the disk image and
> >emulator must both be in the $KLH_HOME directory.   I suppose I could
> >write them.  Where to put klh-10 binary if PI disk image is in
> >local/share?  It should be a private directory because the binary
> >requires many configuration files to be in place along with it.  Perhaps
> >a symlink from the $KLH_HOME with the binary to the PI disk image would
> >be an easy work around instead of patches for the .ini files.
>
> I'd suggest the patches. If it does do prevention of multiple copies,
> it probably locks the disk image. I don't know what happens if you
> lock a symlink. Plus, using a symlink is a cheap hack.

I should write a KLH10 .ini file for our use from scratch rather than patch the
ones that come with the emulator.

To get a better idea of what's got to be delt with here is the configuration
that the raw KLH10 uses.  This directory is refered to in the Makefiles as the
$KLH_HOME directory.

$ ls -CFs
total 177137
    19 @.ddt-u                     296 itsbin.647kn-u
   344 @.its-647kn-u               296 itsbin.647md-u
   344 @.its-647md-u               296 itsbin.647pi-u
   344 @.its-647pi-u                 1 klh10-kn.ini
    64 @.nsalv-260-u                 1 klh10-md.ini
     1 APR.TIMEBASE                  1 klh10-pi.ini
173712 PI-ITS-RP06.0-dbd9          784 kn10-ks*
     1 README                      152 tapedd*
     4 README-pi                    24 udlconv*
    85 dpimp*                       50 vdkfmt*
    75 dprpxx*                      25 wfconv*
   184 dptm03*                      33 wxtest*
     1 flushed/

@.* and itsbin.* files are ITS executables.

APR.TIMEBASE is a KLH10 generated file used for keeping track of the time so
you don't have to set the ITS clock after every reboot.

PI-ITS-RP06.0-dbd9 is the ITS disk image.

dp* are driver subprocesses.  They are native executables.

flushed is where old native executables are moved when a second "make install"
is performed.

*.ini are KLH10 configuration files.

kn10-ks is the KLH10 emulator in the kn-its-base configuration.  It is a native
executable.

tapedd, udlconv, vdkfmt, wfconv, wxtest are native utilities programs to assist
in importing and exporting data from ITS.