Date:      Sun, 14 Jul 2002 17:44:24 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
To:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Jean-Luc Richier <Jean-Luc.Richier@imag.fr>, <alfred@freebsd.org>, <tmm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Please review and commit : Revised rpcgen (1) patch updated

Hi all,

I reworked my patch as from PR bin/29175 and the PR
misc/27816.

http://people.freebsd.org/~mbr/patches/rpcgen.diff

Some comments about the patch.

- TI-RPC is now the default again for code generation. Unbreaks
  ports/mail/drac for CURRENT.

- As before, inetd support support is turned of per default.
  Code for inetd can be made with -I.

- Support for ``transport monitors'' and the NLSPROVIDER env
  variable is still there , even if their use is not clear in
  non TLI stream based systems like Free-/NetBSD. It can be activated
  with -P.

- There are a few corrections in rpcgen.1 and usage function to conform
  to the code. Added and documented -P

- I removed the #ifdefs checks for Free-/NetBSD since we are the only
  ones who use this code. MaxOS X may have the same limitations as
  we have, so this code will correctly build for them.

- Generate correct cflags.

Patch is based on my work and Jean-Luc Richier <Jean-Luc.Richier@imag.fr>.
Comments are welcome.

Martin