Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:21:48 +0200
From:      Axel Scheepers <axel@axel.truedestiny.net>
To:        "Ayman Zarka." <az@freebsd.identd.net>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions." <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Iomega IDE ZIP 250MB.

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 01:22:22PM -0700, Ayman Zarka. wrote:
> 2) Why the dmesg showing 250MB  and when going with the
> /stand/sysinstall process I end up with 238MB  instead of 250MB is
> there a way to get FreeBSD identify or make me use the missing 17 MB ?

Iomega likes to count with 1000 instead of 1024 so 250Million bytes is
actually 238Mega bytes.

As for the other questions, I don't know. I have a zip 100 parallel and I had
to enable the scbus and scsi direct access. I don't know if the ATAPI also need
these but that should be easy checked by recompiling with these devices
enabled.

> Thanks in advance, and have a good day.
>
> --
> - Ayman Zarka.