Date:      Sat, 02 Dec 2006 16:46:09 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Jim Pirzyk <pirzyk@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gigabit Ethernet NIC with Jumbo Frame Support

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006 20:11:18 -0600, in sentex.lists.freebsd.net you
wrote:

>I am looking for a recommendation for a card purchase of a Gigabit
>Ethernet NIC that supports jumbo frames.  Looking at the kernel,
>the following drivers support jumbo frames; bce, bge, em, ixgb,
>lge, nge, sk stge, and vge.  What is perceived as the most stable,

The Intel 1000PT PCIe cards work well under FreeBSD. I have been
stressing this card and it does well in RELENG_6

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa, Sentex communications http://www.sentex.net
Providing Internet Access since 1994
mike@sentex.net, (http://www.tancsa.com)