Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2001 06:32:15 +1200 (NZST)
From:      Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Releases

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Jordan Hubbard wrote:

> > OK.  But if you didn't want to be involved in the first place, you
> > should have stayed out of it.
>
> [Best "cool hand Luke" voice] "Son, what we have here is a failure to
> communicate!"
>
> The fact that I think this is a waste of time and you're on a fool's
> errand is certainly something I'm free to communicate.

I just wish you'd said that in the first place!  Yeah, I know you did, but
in far many more words.

> The fact that
> I feel that way is also good reason for me to suggest that you do the
> work if you're hell-bent on proving me wrong - that's a time-honored
> and more than acceptable way of delivering your rebuttal.  I have
> been as "involved" in this discussion as I needed to be, thanks.

AFAIK, the thread to date has been about whether or not [something like]
the label "-development" would cause less confusion than "-current".  My
objective is not to prove anyone wrong or right but to solve a
problem which occurs again and again.