Date:      Sun, 3 Aug 1997 14:15:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com>
Cc:        Free BSD Multimedia List <freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Hardware/software for TV viewing on my FreeBSD machine?

On Sun, 3 Aug 1997, Stan Brown wrote:

> 	Could some kind soul give ma a summary of what hardware peices, and
> 	software packages I need to view TV on my FreeBSD machine? Specific
> 	model numbers for hardware would be greatly appreciated, as I will be
> 	buying them mail order from vendors who only understand windoze.

Here is what I'm using at current.

Hardware:
Hauppauge WinCast/TV dbx Model 401 - I got mine from PC Connection
   http://www.pcconnection.com/

Software:
FreeBSD 2.2-GAMMA (should work with 2.2 & CURRENT)
XFree86 3.2 or later
fxtv version 0.43  from http://www.mulitverse.com/~rhh/fxtv
Somebody's bt848 driver -- I forgot which!  I think I'm on Randall
   Hopper's 970604 driver from URL above.  If you have a Mach64-GX based
   video card you'd better take my files.  At the worst you could pull
   the files from -current.  Make sure you read the README since it means
   diving into files.i386.  Check the BT848 web page for full details:
   http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/HomeAuto/Bt848.html

Plug in the card, modify & rebuild your kernel, reboot, and fire up fxtv.

If you need a camera Hauppauge may still have their camera offer on the
Web.  Grab your serial number and try http://www.hauppauge.com/.

Enjoy!  Let us know if you need anything else.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo