Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 1996 14:45:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        andreas@klemm.gtn.com
Cc:        obrien@Nuxi.cs.ucdavis.edu, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ports explosion

 * That's correct ... with 'sloppiness mode builtin' Karl (and me !!) wouldn't
 * have learned this lesson ... It's usefull for me to know how to checkout
 * more 'professional' ;-)

Well, I agree with the general idea that people should be taught to
avoid sloppiness, but not by a port failing flat on its face with a
strange error. ;)

I think it's a good change, it makes it easier for us to test an
upgrade (when the patches disapear due to an upgrade, the patches/
directory will still exist but you can't delete it because cvs will
complain at checkout, etc....).

Satoshi