Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 21:51:11 -0500
From:      "Richard Secor" <rsecor@seqlogic.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Tape Drive Compression

The tape drive doesn't seem to have a force compression jumper and/or dip
switch.

I did however try changing the type of system it thinks it was on....

found that it works a little better if you set it up for use with an SGI
system...

however I am still haveing another issue....
    when it gets to what could possibly be the end of the tape
          it seems to stop and say something other than put another tape in.
         then it asks if you want to restart dump or not.

note:    I'm backing up several filesystems across a span of 3 hard
drives....
                 on one tape....  so i cant really tell dump the length of
the tape ...... or density..
                 as the tape will NEVER be at the begininning of the tape
                  thus the "-a" option which should work.....
                  but seems to have taken an extended vacation.

-=Richard Secor
   Sequential Logic=-