Date:      Tue, 05 Jun 2001 14:23:49 +0200
From:      "Julian Stacey Jhs@jhs.muc.de" <jhs@jhs.muc.de>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Purchasing a new laptop...advice?

Noses <noses@noses.com> wrote:
> Let's cut the crap a bit...

This is to the list, Not Noses.

I was suprised to read Noses challenge my statement that there were 2+ German
keyboard layouts, but I thought maybe he/she knew more than me, so I quoted
my location, experience, & sites, so he/she could do the same, & whoever
seemed best informed could learn from the other.

Noses then avoided stating who, what, & where he/she was, with what access
experience to multiple physical German keyboards from various manufacturers.
Noses neither made differential comment between cp850 V ISO & how either might
relate to DIN (or one or other might _be_ DIN), nor to the question of which
was preferable IE most expected  & preferred by normal German colleagues &
customers, (irrespective of what FreeBSD, ISO, or DIN might call `standard).

Noses' Noise has shed no useful light, but for first hand info:
 cd /usr/src/share/syscons/keymaps; ( ls -l *german* ; diff -c german* )|more
 majordomo@de.freebsd.org   for people with access to German hardware etc.

Julian
-
Julian Stacey     Unix Consultant - Munich Germany     http://bim.bsn.com/~jhs/
 Ihr Rauchen => mein allergischer Kopfschmerz !  Kau/Schnupftabak probieren !
	Like Linux ?	Then also look at FreeBSD with its 5000+ packages !