Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 2004 00:52:30 +0200
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@apropo.ro>
To:        molj <molj@siol.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel failed 2 boot

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 23:39:35 +0100
molj <molj@siol.net> wrote:

> my kernel failed 2 compile, i tried to boot with the kernel.old but i
> couldn't do it like it says in the troubleshoot
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig-
>
> trouble.html#KERNELCONFIG-NOBOOT
> i try to do that when it shows me the counter from 10 backwards and
> the freebsd logo on the right(the devil),
                                         ^^^^^^^^^^
It's a daemon, if you don't mind. See History of the BSD Daemon on The
official home of the BSD Daemon:
http://www.mckusick.com/beastie/index.html
http://rmitz.org/freebsd.daemon.html

> i can't even type unload, all i can
> do is to select 1-7
> sorry for this lame questions but i'm a newbie to this
> tnx

If I get this right choose Escape to loader promt write there boot kernel.old

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD user