Date:      Wed, 8 Feb 2012 11:42:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@MIT.EDU>
To:        Ansar Mohammed <ansarm@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kerberos and FreeBSD

---559023410-242928814-1328719364=:882

On Wed, 8 Feb 2012, Ansar Mohammed wrote:

> Hello All,
> Is the port of Heimdal on FreeBSD being maintained? The version that
> ships with 9.0 seems a bit old.
>
> #> /usr/libexec/kdc-v
> kdc (Heimdal 1.1.0)
> Copyright 1995-2008 Kungliga Tekniska H=F6gskolan
> Send bug-reports to heimdal-bugs@h5l.org

My understanding is that every five years or so, someone becomes fed up=20
enough with the staleness of the "current" version and puts in the effort=
=20
to merge in a newer version.
It looks like 3 years ago, dfr brought in that Heimdal 1.1 you see, to=20
replace the Heimdal 0.6 that nectar brought in 8 years ago.
I don't know of anyone with active plans to bring in a new version, at=20
present.

-Ben Kaduk
---559023410-242928814-1328719364=:882--