Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 2003 23:43:35 +0200
From:      Harald Hanche-Olsen <hanche@math.ntnu.no>
To:        oberman@es.net
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD laptop with: 56k modem, ethernet, Xfree86

+ "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>:

| Oops! The Broadcom is a wireless network card, but I don't see any
| indication of a modem here. Looking up the card on the Broadcom web
| site mentions no modem, either. (It does have a nice picture of the card
| with everything out in the open.) To find it, search for BCM94301.

Hmm.  My getting mixed up about what I wanted really doesn't mean I'm
not interested in getting the wireless card to work as well.  So I
noticed this section in their brochure with interest:

  Software support WHQL certified for Windows® XP, Windows 2000, ME,
  98SE, and 98 operating systems. Embedded drivers for Linux® and
  VxWorks® operating systems.

Not really sure what is meant by an embedded driver.  But once there
is a driver for Linux, I tend to have more hope for a FreeBSD one.

- Harald