Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 08:36:41 -0400
From:      Micah Brandon <brandon@vv.com>
To:        Dan Graaff <subscribed@de-net.org>
Cc:        Robert Clark <res03db2@gte.net>, Olivier Nicole <on@cs.ait.ac.th>, veldy@veldy.net, glassfish@frogbox.dyndns.org, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Qmail + FreeBSD 4.3    -- resolved

* Dan Graaff (subscribed@de-net.org) [010523 02:56]:
> Thanks for the advice everyone, but it looks like the problem just recently
> came out on the vpopmail site! (today infact)... http://inter7.com/vpopmail/
> They completely re-wrote vdelivermail.. but i think im going to wait for a
> stable release.. just deal with pages of vdelivermail exit 11's

	I just jumped on this list and I don't know if this was covered but I
had this EXACT same problem and the reason was there was the .qmail-default
forwarding file which looked something like this:

| /usr/local/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' /usr/local/vpopmail/domains/<domain>/<acct>

	Problem was, it pointed to a local "<acct>" that did not exist!  So, I
highly doubt someone is attacking your machine.  Sure, this was some kind of bug
in vdelivermail as it shouldn't have died like that.  They've probably corrected this
in the newest version.  I'd check all your .qmail-default's (or any other .qmail files)
that may be misdirected as such.  You might be able to tell which is fouled up by
associating the exit 11 with a previous delivery attempt line in your maillog file.

--
Micah Brandon
brandon@vv.com