Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2000 15:12:02 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>
To:        Torsten Blum <torstenb@vmunix.org>
Cc:        Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>, Shigeyuki Fukushima <shige@FreeBSD.ORG>, billf@chc-chimes.com, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, asami@FreeBSD.ORG, andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu
Subject:   Re: zsh re-org

On Sat, Feb 12, 2000 at 08:11:11PM +0100, Torsten Blum wrote:
> Be careful what you say.

I know EXACTLY what I'm saying. I maintain 34 ports myself and see to it
that they stay as up-to-date as possible.

I answer PR's related to my ports. I do not simply toss them into
/dev/null. I give them consideration. They get fixed in the end. And it
doesn't take me two whole months to not do anything about them and have
some other guy fix it for me.

> He won't. I don't agree and approve that.

Your opinion does not matter as far as I'm concerned - you don't do your
job as a maintainer. You completely IGNORED my PR a couple months ago about
fixing zshall(1). In the end, I had to bug Bill to commit the fix to your
port, and that was two months later.

Any decent maintainer would have made a reply. And don't say you didn't
have time, because I know that if you have time to patch SSH for IPv6,
you've got plenty of time to look over a couple trivial patches to __YOUR__
__OTHER__ ports.

I'm sure if you think a stable shell is as important as you make it sound,
you'd give just as much of your time to making shells/zsh work as you would
to enabling IPv6 connectivity in ssh.

> Btw: *plonk*

Right back at you. I note that bento thinks shells/zsh is broken right now,
but shells/zsh-devel isn't. And you are currently logged into freefall. Or
you were as of but 15 minutes ago.

We all know who to blame if zsh goes into 4.0-RELEASE broken. I'm not gonna
bother fixing that port for you because you would just throw the PR into
/dev/null just like you did the first time. (and if I'm not mistaken, the
fix for this has already been send-pr'd by someone else and committed by
shige to shells/zsh-devel.)

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>