Date:      Wed, 15 May 2002 22:29:39 -0300
From:      Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@brturbo.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ogle-gui failure

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 06:44:14PM -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> > Could someone please look into why the ogle-gui port is failing to
> > build?  Note that the package is being named ogle-gnome instead, since
> > it's apparently installing enough of the GNOME packages in the
> > "non-GNOME" case that bsd.gnome.mk detects it.
>
> I'll take a look unless lioux beats me to it.

	I just broke ogle with liba52 recent update so I'm
working on that now.
	As per ogle-gui:

- it's depending on gnome due to dependency on libglade which
  depends in gnome under FreeBSD

	It seems that under debian there are 2 ports:

	1) plain libglade
	2) side port with gnome support which depends on plain
	   libglade

	This would be a nice solution. Do you have the time to
investigate this? I have told sobomax this in the past but neither
had the time to investigate it.

	As per ogle-gui being broke, I have no idea why it would
not be buildling. It is working okay here. Perhaps, it is something
incidental to -CURRENT because I'm running -STABLE.

	One side issue, why USE_GNOME* does

PKGNAMESUFFIX=-gnome

instead of

PKGNAMESUFFIX+=-gnome

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
Computer Science Undergraduate | FreeBSD Committer | Unix Developer