Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 1997 23:16:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Nathan Dorfman <nathan@senate.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   teTeX, dvips, and permissions

When running dvips as installed by the teTeX port, I get these errors:
/usr/local/bin/MakeTeXmkdir: could not create directory /usr/local/share/texmf/fonts/pk/ljfour
MakeTeXPK: could not mkdir /usr/local/share/texmf/fonts/pk/ljfour/public/cm.
dvips: Font cmcsc10 not found, characters will be left blank.
Is it safe to suid-root dvips to solve the problem? Or is it MakeTeXmkdir? Or
metafont? Or must I dvips all my TeX and LaTeX files as root?

On a lighter note, does anyone know if Netscape is planning to release versions
of their navigator 3.02 (yes, that's three point oh two, not 3.01 or 4.02) for
BSD? They've had HP-UX, Solaris, SunOS, and Irix versions for weeks but never
any others.