Date:      Thu, 04 May 2000 15:10:23 -0400
From:      Marie-Josee Blais <mjblais@miranda.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   HELP Problem with ports

Hello,

I am using 2.2.8 on a pentium system

I sent a message already 2 days ago and I haven't had any answers yet.

I've used many times the ports collection and its always worked great for
me.  I've tried many packages and its always one thing or another that
fails.  I've had the impression that the scripts I am using are outdated
and are not pointing to the right files.

And these happen to be scripts that I downloaded fresh from the web not
those installed during installation.

I checked to see where the scripts would fail and a few of them pointed at
files that were not available anymore on the web.

I also checked the freebsd-questions digest to see if any one else had this
problem and no one is complaining.

So its probably me.  If anyone has any ideas I really need an answer.
Basically my boss hates freebsd and its just the sort of thing he'll use to
move on to an NT server. (And I'd rather stay with freebsd)