Date:      Wed, 21 Dec 1994 10:42:45 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        william pechter ILEX <pechter@stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil>
Cc:        terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert), FreeBSD-hackers@wcarchive.cdrom.com (FreeBSD-hackers)
Subject:   Re: tar man page

> That's two of us.
>
> Anyway -- how many of us are out there.  What advertiser base is there.
> I'd like to see if we could economically support a publicaton.

I've already talked with the editor of the Linux Journal about a
possible sister publication, and have been meaning to call him back at
some point after the hols and resume our discussions.  It would help
me GREATLY if I could get some preliminary estimates on the size of
the potential subscriber base, however.  Would one of you be willing
to collect this information from -hackers and/or the newsgroups?  I'd
do it myself, but my poor mailbox already runneth over and I'm not
posessed of any free time at the moment, so I've no time to find or
hack together a statistics gathering robot and stick it up on
freefall.

I'm not sure we have the numbers either, but why not see if we can't
use this computer thing here to collect some harder data? :-)

					Jordan