Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 2000 09:20:44 +1200 (NZST)
From:      Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
To:        Fifi standard <fifi@book-in.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: php & mysql ?

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Fifi standard wrote:

> i have to begin a choise :
> linux or free bsd ?

I doubt you'll get anyone on this list saying anything but FreeBSD.

> i'm french & there are few books about your unix to help a beginer !
> any way i have to produce a soft ware under php & my sql ; is it
> possible with your os ?

Yes.  If I can do it, anyone can.

Learning php isn't that hard.  Have a search for php & mysql tutorials.  I
think webmonkey has one.  Putting mysql in isn't too hard.  And a port
exists for apache-php.  Install mysql first.  Then the apache-php port.

I wrote about my mysql installation at
http://www.freebsddiary.org/mysql.html