Date:      Fri, 18 Sep 1998 09:13:51 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
To:        VIANNE1@hofstra.edu
Cc:        FREEBSD-QUESTIONS@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What Do I Need To Know?

On Thu, 17 Sep 1998 VIANNE1@hofstra.edu wrote:

> I'm writing this e-mail to find out
> what kind of background do I need to have in order to use this
> software? Do I need to have any knowledge of Unix?

Well, it will help a *LOT* if you did have some idea of what Unix is
and what it can do; but if you're prepared to learn, it can be quite
exciting (be prepared to spend heaps of time, though). I'd recommend
that you have a book or 2 on Unix handy if you're new, especially
Greg Lehey's "The Complete FreeBSD".

Cheers.