Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 1996 15:31:01 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jeff Bartig" <jeffb@dont.doit.wisc.edu>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMP on Intel MG15

Peter Wemm said:
> BTW, I just updated the majordomo 'info' file for this list:
> =========
> FREEBSD-SMP
> As always, remember this is ALPHA-grade software.  Expect it to crash
> and burn every so often.  It doesn't yet work on all MPSPEC compliant
> hardware.  It's only "known" to work on older ASUS PCI/E P54NP4
> dual-pentium motherboard.  Others have reported success on other hardware,
> but nobody has a complete list.

Is anyone using a dual processor Pentium Pro board?  I'm about to
get a new system (the last one I'll probably get for a long time,
so it will be something fast).  Our PC hardware person is recommending
a Supermicro P6DNE (similar to the P6DNF, from what I've been told).
Is anyone using these boards?  Any recommendations on other P6
boards?

Jeff

--
Jeff Bartig                  |  University of Wisconsin - Madison
1210 W Dayton, Rm 3219       |  Division of Information Technology