Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 1995 19:31:44 UTC+0200
From:      Javier Martin Rueda <jmrueda@diatel.upm.es>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: New FreeBSD boot floppies won't boot

> I have a PC which will boot all the boot floppies I have thrown at it
> (dos os2 linux netbsd and even freebsd) except FreeBSD boot disks from
> 950210 onwards.

So, you are in the same case as I: I installed 2.0 RELEASE and it worked
fine. However, from SNAPSHOT 950210 onwards, the following happens:

I enter the boot/install disk, the system begins booting, reading the disk
and so on. Everything seems to be going OK, except for a "minor" detail:
I cannot see anything in the screen. Only the cursor goes from blinking to
steady a few seconds after boot.

I don't know the reason yet, but I managed to solve that: just install the
boot blocks from 2.0 RELEASE on the install disk and you will see things
again. I've done that this morning, as I wanted to test 950322-SNAP, and
it worked!

To do that, you must have a 2.0 system running already, of course :-).

NOTE: the cursor still goes from blinking to steady, just when the kernel
has been loaded and the memory test begins, and the screen seems to be in
a graphic mode instead of a text mode (because text display is slower than
usual). But at least, you see the display :-)

Anyone has a better solution than this one?