Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 14:01:48 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <jeremyp@gsmx07.alcatel.com.au>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        obrien@NUXI.com
Subject:   Re: getopt.c in gnu/*/*

"David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com> wrote:
>It would be better to create src/gnu/lib/libgnugetopt/Makefile and point
>".PATH:" to the newest src file we have in the tree.  ...
>(I am considering something simular with libiberty and libbfd)

This approach sounds nice, but there may be some gotchas: I have
previously tried to share a common libbfd between gdb and binutils via
a collection of directory symlinks and spent several days trying to
work out why the resulting gdb.  I eventually found that libbfd and
gdb had included different versions of the same include file - and
therefore defined the same structure differently (courtesy of some
relative include paths).

Peter