Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 1997 05:07:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      <outgoing@outgoing.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Did-it's Search Engine Secrets

Dear Webmaster:

Are you frustrated by the lack of traffic coming to your site from
the popular search engines?

Is your site listed but appearing way down on the hit list "out
of sight" despite perfect keyword matches?

If the answer to either of these questions is "yes" then you need to
order a copy of Did-it's Search Engine Secrets.  In this comprehensive
report we tell you exactly how to design or modify your html to
improve the position your site appears on search results listings.
We do this by exposing the hidden logic used by the engines to
determine search relevancy.

Here's just a sample of the inside information revealed in "Did-it's
Search Engine Secrets:"

Alta Vista - References first 30 words on page for description unless
you use META TAGS. Alta Vista determines the priority of matches by
indexing the words closest to the beginning of the front page.

Infoseek Indexes the first 200 characters of your site after the HTML
<BODY> tag unless you use META TAGS in the creation of your site.
Your description can include up to 200  characters of text.

The Lycos engine compares each page to your query and gives higher
scores to pages that contain the words as you typed them into your
Web Site. It also looks for pages that mention these words early on,
rather than far down.

Yahoo searches for words in URL, title & description (<25 words) YOU
ENTERED when submitting URL!

Webcrawler - Webcrawler computes its confidence rating by considering
how many times the terms in your search occur in that document. The
more frequent, the more relevant.

Even if you utilized any or all of the above suggestions, I'm sure
your results would improve.  You can imagine if you employed ALL of
the more than 100 secrets revealed in our report, how much your site
traffic would benefit.  And if you've already been listed on the
engines, you should still make the changes because they continually
reindex all their sites and your changes will take effect!

The Did-it Search Engine Secrets report cost only $49.95 and comes
with a full, 30-day, moneyback, satisfaction guarantee!  So don't
delay. To order your copy call toll-free 1-800-WEBPRO-1 or
516-255-0500 9AM - 5PM EST.  We accept all major credit cards.
Every minute you waste is traffic lost forever!

Thank you,

The Did-it Team
http://www.did-it.com

P.S. You can use our FREE Did-it Detective service to check the
status of your site on the engines. Our address is http://www.did-it.com.