Date:      Fri, 27 Feb 1998 15:34:44 -0800
From:      "Hai T. Le" <hle@nrtc.northrop.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SMC 9432TX ethernet card

Hi,

I was just looking through your list of supported ethernet cards and saw
that you do support the SMC 9432TX.  My question is what device driver
in the generic kernel does the card use?  I thought is was the ed0 or
ed1 driver, but everytime the kernel gets configured, I recieve a "no
driver assigned".  I am trying to install FreeBSD 2.2.5 from another
networked machine, but I really can't do anything if the network card
doesn't work.

I would appreciate any help you can lend me, especially if you know what
driver I should be using.  In fact, I left all the network drivers in
tact and still recieved the "no driver" message.

This is the list that I saw my card:

http://www.freebsd.org/~mpcd/handbook/handbook10.html

Thanks,

Hai