Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 2000 09:26:29 -0400
From:      Damien Tougas <damien@carroll.com>
To:        Caleb Walker <cwalker@cwalk.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail

Is there any log messages in /var/log/maillog? That might be a good
place to start looking for problems.

The next thing you could try is typing the following at the command
line:

	sendmail -v problemuser@problemdomain.com
	To: problemuser@problemdomain.com
	From: yourname@yourdomain.com
	Subject: Test message...

	This is a test
	.

That sequence will give you a visual output of your mail server
trying to talk to their mail server (or whoever you relay through).
You might be able to get a better idea as to what the problem is
based on whatever error messages you get.

Hope this helps.

--
Damien Tougas
Systems Administrator