Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:11:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
To:        John Brann <john@brann.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, gjohnson@srrc.ars.usda.gov, john_m_cooper@yahoo.com
Subject:   Re: gimp-print and ghostscript

John Brann wrote:
> I need the stp drivers in Ghostscript for apsfilter.
>
> Together with others I see comments in the mailing lists and CVS about
> the 'spin-off' of the gimp-print port, but don't understand how to
> re-integrate the drivers with Ghostscript.
>
> Does anyone know?
>
> Do I have to hack a manual build of Ghostscript?
>
> Has anyone done this?

I, too, was annoyed by the "spin-off" of gimp-print, since it was done
with no indication at all of how one might go about actually reintegrating
it into Ghostscript.  My solution was to 'cvs update' the port to the
day before that commit, thus avoiding the whole situation.  I'll leave
it this way until it is fixed.

As far as I'm concerned, ghostscript-gnu and ghostscript-afpl can be marked
BROKEN.
--
Frank Mayhar frank@exit.com	http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting                 http://www.gpsclock.com/