Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 1999 21:26:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Dan Mahoney Jr." <danm@DanMahoney.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pppd server...

Okay, I've seen a lot of listmail about pppd serving, but never quite like
this...

Is there any way to feed pppd WITHOUT a terminal window, but still support
shell dialins (such that if a user IS using a terminal app they hit enter
and they get a login prompt?) I've had ISP's do this, so I know it can be
done...I just don't have any more than a slight inkling about how to go
about it.

Any help much appreciated...

-Dan Mahoney

(Who finally figured out how to get six serial ports going on a 486/66)

--

Dan Mahoney
Gushi on efnet IRC