Date:      Tue, 15 Aug 2006 22:51:18 -0400
From:      Dwayne MacKinnon <dmk@ncf.ca>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   ut2004 and linux x11 libs

Hi guys,

I regularly play ut2004 on my FreeBSD box. Lately I've run into a problem:
After upgrading from x11/linux-XFree86-libs to x11/linux-xorg-libs (at the
same time that I up'ed to the fc4 linux base). After doing that, ut2004 became
pretty much unplayable. Maps wouldn't render properly, movement was choppy,
the works.

Downgrading from x11/linux-xorg-libs to x11/linux-XFree86-libs solves the
problem.

Very irritating that for whatever reason the game needs the XFree86 libs.
Fortunately switching between the two isn't exactly time consuming.

I just thought that I should mention this to the community at large, hence the
email. Although if someone has an alternative solution I wouldn't mind
hearing about it. :-)

Cheers,
DMK
--
I can't afford to make any exceptions. Once word leaks out that a pirate has
gone soft people start to disobey him and it's nothing but work, work, work