Date:      Sat, 15 Aug 2020 14:01:22 +0200
From:      Denis Salopek <denissal@freebsd.org>
To:        soc-status@freebsd.org
Subject:   [GSoC '20 update] NetFPGA SUME Reference NIC device driver

Hello, everyone.

I'm happy to announce that my GSoC project - NetFPGA SUME Reference NIC
(with RIFFA DMA) device driver is now fully functional and free of any
major bugs! I hope to clean any of the minor ones with your help in testing
it.

The driver is based on the Linux version and improved with a couple of
extra features:
 - more balanced TCP throughput (still open to speculation why but probably
   due to TX queuing),
 - link state detection / reporting,
 - access to hardware counters via sysctl,
 - watchdog function to reset the HW if it gets stuck in TX state.

You can find the Phabricator differential here:
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D26074

My github repository with the code and instructions:
https://github.com/denisSal/freebsd-sume/

I'm looking forward to your feedback,
Denis