Date:      Sun, 08 Sep 2002 02:49:39 -0700
From:      Pat Lashley <patl+freebsd@volant.org>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [CONCLUSION] What to do about Mozilla

--==========1537438186==========

--On Sunday, September 08, 2002 02:08:38 AM -0400 Joe Marcus Clarke=20
<marcus@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> This problem should be fixed now if you make sure the origin pointed to
> in your +CONTENTS file is correct.  Both pkg_version and portupgrade
> report no problems on my mozilla laptop, or my mozilla-devel desktop.

I hand edited the +CONTENTS files, but then after a cvsup and index =
rebuild,
portversion showed my 1.1 mozilla ports as being downrev of the 1.0_2,1=20
ports.
And when I upgraded the XFree86 ports to 4.2.0 the recursive update=20
downgraded
my mozilla ports back to 1.0_2,1.

I had written a section outlining how I was only seeing one copy of the
mozilla ports in the INDEX and what I thought the problem was; but it
turns out that somehow my INDEX.db was noticably newer than the INDEX
itself.  I've re-cvsupp'd and re-built the indexes and now I see both.
So I'll retract my claim that the split is unfinished.

But now I've got the old versions installed; and don't see any clean way
to upgrade to the new ones.  (I do not consider manual pkg_deinstall and
portinstall to be clean.)  I've tweaked the origin in the +CONTENTS files;
but that doesn't seem to make any difference at this point.  (And is, I
suspect, actually counter-productive.)  I have a feeling that no matter
what I do, I'll wind up with both versions installed...

-Pat