Date:      Sat, 28 Sep 2002 05:39:15 -0500
From:      "Dennis Mathiasen" <dennisma@adelphia.net>
To:        "Marcus Henschel" <mh@myfreebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: phpnuke

Marcus Henschel on Friday, September 27, 2002 9:34 AM
Wrote:
> for several hours i am trying to get phpnuke running.
> 1. make install in /usr/ports/www/phpnuke
> 2. create tables in mysql Database
> 3. edit config.php
> 4. chmod 777 directories; chmod 666 files
> 5. access the page
> 6. try to login as God with Pass Password
> --> nothing happened, the page just reloads
> 7. click a link i.e. "Top 10"
> --> Sorry, you can't access this file directly...
> what am i doing wrong ?

I had exactly the same problem with this port a few days
ago.  I gave up trying to get it going.  However, the
current version of php-nuke is 6.0 which appears to work
perfectly.

If you delete the current port and remove the database you
will be able to get 6.0 running very quickly.  Just download
and untar it into the same directory, edit config.php and
then access it.  It will automatically create the database,
populate it, and give you a link to the admin page.  You can
then create an admin user and you're up and running.

Dennis Mathiasen
dennisma@adelphia.net