Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2002 15:28:10 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      tnu@chania.di.uoa.gr
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Restrict user access on FreeBSD

On Sun, 2 Jun 2002, Admin/Manager wrote:
> I would like to know is could change all systems only accessible like /etc/ /etc/named /var/
> to only be readable buy root? Would this cause any problems? Thank you
> for you help.

I have defined the user's PATH to a directory like "/usr/restr-bin" and
put there symlinks to the programs I wish them to execute. I have not
chmod-ed anything else, IIRC.

Of course, your mileage may vary.

--
[ Quote #816 from cookie collection. ]

"A mind is a terrible thing to have leaking out your ears."
-- The League of Sadistic Telepaths