Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 2023 20:10:44 +0100
From:      freebsd@vanderzwan.org
To:        Craig Leres <leres@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD+samba as a time machine server for OSX/Ventura?

> On 1 Mar 2023, at 05:28, Craig Leres <leres@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> In 2020 I was able to install the netatalk3 port and use a FreeBSD =
system as a time machine server. In 2021 when I upgraded to Big Sur =
appletalk was no longer supported so I switched to samba413.
>=20
> I've never managed to get this to work since upgrading to Ventura. =
Does anybody have a config or wisdom they could share? I've appended the =
config that worked with Big Sur.
>=20
> Craig
>=20
> ; @(#) $Id: smb4.conf,v 1.3 2021/07/13 22:43:22 leres Exp $
>=20
> [global]
>    workgroup =3D XYZ
=E2=80=A6.

> log level =3D 3
>    vfs objects =3D zfsacl catia fruit streams_xattr

Not sure if the order of the modules is important.=20
I could not find any definite statement but I have seen references to =
passing data to the next module which suggests it is.

BTW I use the following alias on the Mac to get the logging for =
TimeMachine:

alias tld=3D"log stream --style syslog  --predicate 'senderImagePath =
contains[cd] \"TimeMachine\"' =E2=80=94debug"

Regards,=20
	Paul