Date:      Tue, 23 May 95 14:38:36 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        hasty@204.188.121.18 (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: physical block number of a file?

> Is there an easy to get the starting physical block of file?

bread.

Or you can get it's location (rather than the block itself) by looking
at the per file system type specific ion disk inode/file entry meta
data structure contents for the file.

> 2336. However, whith normal reads the system returns 2048 blocks.

Driver problem.  should be specifiable at mount time (if not auto-detected)
or automatic (if detected).  Depends on how much knowledge of the CDROM
layout is embedded in the CDROM FS at the time it was implemented.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.