Date:      Sun, 18 Jul 2004 14:43:42 -0400
From:      Jud <judmarc@fastmail.fm>
To:        "Jerry McAllister" <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>, "Aaron Myles Landwehr" <aaron@snaphat.com>
Cc:        'Bawan' <bawan@baldwinresearch.com>
Subject:   Re: problem while installing FreeBSD

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:56:24 -0400 (EDT), Jerry McAllister
<jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu> wrote:

>> I've used Acronis Partition Expert on a ntfs(w2k3) partition and it
>> worked just fine.
>
> Is that a new one on the market?  I haven't seen that one before.
>
> Partition Magic has been the only one readily available off the
> shelf in this area.  Others have to be mail-ordered.  It handled
> NTFS fine for me, though that was for Win2k.  If it is NTFS and
> it is from the boot floppies, I don't see why being win2k3 would
> matter, but I avoid Microsloth stuff as much as possible so don't
> know any of the details there.

I tried Acronis a year or two ago, and it seemed to work OK, but it
trashed my setup when I uninstalled it.  Could well have been user error,
but it's the only one of a number of such products (P. Magic, Acronis, and
my favorite, BootItNG) with which I've ever had such a problem.

Jud