Date:      Wed, 24 Aug 2011 21:52:58 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Vadim Goncharov <vadim_nuclight@mail.ru>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD problems/solutions: voting system & marketing surveys

Hi Matthew D. Fuller!

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 10:46:38 -0500; Matthew D. Fuller wrote about 'Re: FreeBSD problems/solutions: voting system & marketing surveys':

>>   In other words, Foundation must act as an intermediate party
>>   between those who will work and those who will pay for concrete
>>   tasks set up by e.g. core@ or by user suggestions/need.
>>
>> Why it was not done earlier?
> Actually, it's my understanding that there are significant legal
> issues which prevent the Foundation from acting in this way (taking
> targetted donations, acting as an escrow party on specific bounties).

If that is the only issue, there must be workaround for this. Circumventing
such legal stoppers for good things is what lawyers are paid for.

But I am from other country and don't know American law, that is task for
someone living in USA.

The possible solution is: a developer and company agree privately, then
a company donates needed sum to Foundation, and developer signs contract with
Foundation for the project as usual, just the sum is known to developer as
befor. Foundation does not need to know anything about developer/company
relationship here.

At the very last, if that couldn't be solved with Foundation at all, it is
possible to do alternative solution: a web page (subdomain of freebsd.org?)
where ideas and tasks are sorted by priority, there are listed customers
and volunteers for each, may be price, and of course contacts: way for them
to meet and be paid outside

--
WBR, Vadim Goncharov. ICQ#166852181       mailto:vadim_nuclight@mail.ru
[Anti-Greenpeace][Sober FreeBSD zealot][http://nuclight.livejournal.com]