Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 1998 09:49:56 -0600 (CST)
From:      Dave Bodenstab <imdave@mcs.net>
To:        andrej@cuckov.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pascal compiler?

> From: Andrej Cuckov <andrej@cuckov.com>
> I wonder if anyone can help.
> We began using freeBSD with Apache, and we are in need to write CGI
> applications.
>
> We have a vast amount of source code written for DOS in Pascal (Borland
> 5),
> DOES ANYONE KNOW where to get a Pascal Compiler for FreeBSD running on
> 486/pentium PC platform?

You can try p2c -- the pascal to c converter -- my last reference to it is:

  ftp://csvax.cs.caltech.edu/pub/p2c-1.20.tar.Z

It's worked for me the couple of times I used it on a fairly simple
pascal program. If your pascal programs use dos-specific services, you'll
have a port job no matter what compiler you might find.

I've also heard (but not tried to find it) that there is a pascal front-end
for gcc.  I saved (but did not look at) a reference:

  ftp://ftp.kampi.hut.fi/jtv/gnu-pascal/

It might even be in the ports collection.

Dave Bodenstab
imdave@mcs.net