Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2006 00:04:33 +0400
From:      Stanislav Sedov <ssedov@mbsd.msk.ru>
To:        Roy Marples <uberlord@gentoo.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-standards@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: sysutils/fuser

--Sig_cqiMauTzbyhew+as=b4o.Y0

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 23:52:11 +0400
Stanislav Sedov <ssedov@mbsd.msk.ru> mentioned:

>=20
> But they wants the value 0 to be returned in case of no errors, and
> since there are no errors in case of no files opened on mountpoint,
> returning non-zero could break some apps that relies on POSIX
> functionality.
>=20
> IIRC, solaris resembles the same behavior.
>=20
> You can check fuser entry in POSIX, it's available for free on
> opengroup.org. I might miss something.=20
>=20

BTW, maybe someone could commit this utility in the base system?
FreeBSD still lacks support of this POSIX app.

IIRC, someone was going to commit this year-two ago, but, unfortunately,
gave this up :-(

This version supports much more filesystems than stock fstat utility
and uses more efficient algorithms to find entries.

--=20
Stanislav Sedov         MBSD labs, Inc.         <ssedov@mbsd.msk.ru>
=F2=CF=D3=D3=C9=D1, =ED=CF=D3=CB=D7=C1         http://mbsd.msk.ru

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.  -- A. Einstein
PGP fingerprint:  F21E D6CC 5626 9609 6CE2  A385 2BF5 5993 EB26 9581

--Sig_cqiMauTzbyhew+as=b4o.Y0

--Sig_cqiMauTzbyhew+as=b4o.Y0--