Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:05:36 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        Jeff Fellin <jkf@research.bell-labs.com>
Cc:        bucy@ece.cmu.edu, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: isp target mode

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Jeff Fellin wrote:
> Do you have the following in your kernel config file:
>
> 	device	ispfw
> 	OPTIONS ISP_TARGET_MODE
>
> This has worked for me with the Qlogic ISP 2200 FC-AL adapter
> and Qlogic ISP 1280 PCI SCSI Adapter.

Right.  You have to load firmware each time at boot.  The onboard firmware
only supports a minimum necessary to do int 13 booting.  You can use the
above "device" line or put ispfw_load="YES" in /boot/loader.conf

Note that for isp(4) you can only enable target mode on the card's
initiator id.  i.e. if your init id is 7, use 0:7:0 for the id to enable
for target mode.

-Nate