Date:      Thu, 9 Oct 2008 17:59:52 -0400
From:      "Grant Peel" <gpeel@thenetnow.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mailman + Apache + Cookies + FreeBSD

Hi all,

I am not a fan of cross posting, but, I have to make a exception in this
case as I can't seem to nail down whether its the software or OS causing me
the problem.

Software: Apache 2.2, Python 2.5, Mailmain 2.1.11
OS: FreeBSD 6.2 Release #0

Apache and Python were built from ports, Mailman was built from source.

Problem: I can't stay logged into the Mailman web interface. Each time I
submit a form, I am logged out. When I do log in, If I look on my local
machine, I cant find a session cookie anywhere. It like is never set. And
the Mailman documentation clearly states that none of the changes will be
saved in that scenario.

Question: are there any people out there who can point me in the right
direction? I assume that Python should be setting a cookie, but thats just a
guess ... could it be OS related?

TIA,

-Grant