Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:44:24 -0500
From:      Jake Burkholder <jake@locore.ca>
To:        "H.Paul Hammann" <FreeBSD-sparc@hammann.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where do I find cvsup?

Apparently, On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 02:05:12PM -0800,
	H.Paul Hammann said words to the effect of;

> I've installed 5.0-RC1 on a Netra T1.  From Solaris I just got
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/sparc64/5.0-RC1/floppies/boot.flp,
> made a 4 MB partition on the end of the second disk and dd'd the image
> to it.  I dropped to the OK prompt and typed "boot disk1:h".  It
> worked!  It booted into the installer just fine and I was able to do
> an ftp install with no problems.

I'm glad to hear that this works.  I had some problems with ftp installs
locally so I wasn't sure.

> No problems, that is except for no ports.  I thought this was a small
> problem since I was planning on cvsup-ing ports as well as src-all
> anyway.  Only problem is, I can't seem to find a cvsup port or package
> anywhere.  I notice that some other people on the list seem to be
> cvsup-ing so I figure it must be out there somewhere.  Any pointers?

The iso should have contained the usual ports.tar.gz, which is extracted
if you select the ports distribution in sysinstall.  Is it just not
there?  There should be a good number of packages built so far, which
you could also use, but as other people mentioned, no cvsup yet.

Jake