Date:      Fri, 3 Dec 1999 10:15:58 +0000
From:      Sam Thomas <sthomas@lart.net>
To:        Johan Karlsson <k@numeri.campus.luth.se>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TI PCI-1225 PCcard controller support

On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 04:33:34PM +0100, Johan Karlsson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I plan to buy a Dell Latitude CPx H500GT which has the
> Texas Instruments PCI-1225 PCcard controller
> (I think it is a CardBus thing)

the PCI-1225 works nicely under pao for PCMCIA cards. I have a cardbus
10/100 and a winmodem with mine. :-( (pulled the MHz 14.4 and 3c589 from
the toshiba 486, and they work :-)

> I have search the mail-archives but have not been able to find
> any info about this controller.

well, it'll be in there after this message goes through :-)

> Have anyone had any luck with this controler or should I buy
> a Dell Latitude CPt V466GT with a Texas Instruments PCI-1131
> PCcard controller (which I belive is supported by PAO) instead?
>

> Also the graphic chip on the CPx is ATI Mobility M1 and the
> CPt has a NeoMagic MagicMedia 256ZX. Which of these work best
> with FreeBSd and XFree86?

the only current support I know of for the 256ZX is from XiG. :-/ I am
digging through the xf86 site to see if they may have early support in
the pre-4.0 snapshots. else I will either buy from XiG, or run VGA16.
CPi A has 2200, and CS has 2360, both supported in XF86 3.3.5

                -- Henry Spencer